Tuesday 10 January 2012

Abey Needs a Blankey!

Hello blogging world!  It's time I joined the band wagon and became a blogger, if only to satisfy my own need to constantly update the internet on what's running through my mind.  Today has already been productive: Abraham is learning to self-soothe using a blanket. 



So begins another project to add to my list.  As a child I had my own blanket, which I cuddled until it was nearly shredded when I was a preteen.  I want to give my son something just as special, knowing his Mommy laboured love into each stitch.  Now to find the perfect fabrics, come up with the best pattern, and make my baby his new blanket!


 
 (fabric swarches credit to http://www.hawthornethreads.com)
 
My weekend was great, a visit from my brother, his wife and their kids resulted in a jamming session where my sister-in-law and I made a somewhat successful batch of raspberry strawberry jam, and we watched The Rise of the Planet of the Apes.  (Which, by the way, is a silly name for that movie. Rise of the Apes would have been more appropriate, right?  As Antoni put it, the planet itself isn't rising, now is it?)  I say a somewhat successful batch, because I didn't boil the fruit down enough, and my jam was a titch runny.  Oh well!  There's always the next batch.

We were also able to set the date for Abraham's dedication at church on Sunday.  I'm definitely looking forward to then.  I need some ideas to celebrate such a blessed occassion with our little man!

I'm also looking forward to getting things going again with Butterfly Tree Murals, the company my older, much more talented, sister and I run.  The holiday season and a move on my sister's part can certainly put a damper on things. ;-)




That's what's going on in my world today.  Maybe I'll post a new recipe later tonight, after I make a new dish for dinner! 

Have fun, and let your creative juices run!

No comments:

Post a Comment