Monday 16 January 2012

Squash and Chicken Stirfry

I experimented again last night.  After Abraham's birth, we suspected he might be lactose intolerant, so for a while I cut out all lactose.  I gradually began incorporating it back into my diet after Abe was 2 months old, until I was nearly at my previous intake of dairy.  That's when I became sick with even the smallest amount of cheese.  So begins my new quest for a reduced dairy diet.  Last night was a delicious mix of zucchini, squash and eggplant in a yummy chicken stirfry!

Ingredients:

2 skinless chicken breasts
1/2 cup zucchini squash, cubed
1 cup butternut squash, cubed
1/2 cup eggplant, cubed
2 cups brown minute rice, cooked
2 tbsp EVOO
black pepper
sage
thyme
oregano
garlic powder

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.  Put chicken breasts in an oven safe dish and lightly dust with black pepper.  Bake for 45 minutes uncovered, until chicken is white and still juicy.  Remove from oven and cut chicken into bite sized pieces.  In a large skillet, combine squash, zucchini, eggplant and EVOO.  Cook on medium heat, adding the chicken as the vegetables become tender.  Season lightly with a pinch of oregano, a dash of thyme and sage, and about 1/4 tsp of garlic powder.  Continue cooking for an additional 15 minutes, until chicken and vegetables begin to brown and crisp.  Serve over hot brown rice.  It's delicious with soya sauce or our favourite, Maggi!

No comments:

Post a Comment